I’m a mother of a smart and energetic ten-year-old. I started expressing myself creatively since 2017. Since then I have been continuously inspired by events in my life which have helped me in penning my thoughts.
I’m an avid reader, loves to sing, an ardent lover of poetry, and sometimes can scribble a few lines too. I love to dance in the rain, have an undying love for nature, and can watch the beautiful sunset for hours.
I have worked in the IT field for almost a decade as a manager, worked crazy hours, and traveled around the world. In that busy schedule, I never got the time to creatively express my thoughts. Now every time I finish a poem, free verse anything it fills me with so much happiness and excitement and a feeling to have created something of my own.
Here is my listing as a poet in the Directory of Poets and Writers ( Pw.Org)
Certificate of Excellence by the Office of Mayor, Steven Fulop for the Walk_Bye Exhibit displayed outside the City Hall, Jersey City.
Megha Sood is a New Jersey-based Pushcart Nominated Award-winning poet, editor, author,and blogger. She earned her Postgraduate Degree in Computer Application (M.C.A)and Bachelors in Computer Sciences (B.Sc.) from India. She is an Assistant Poetry Editor for the UK-based Arts and Literary Journal MookyChick, Literary Partner in the “Life in Quarantine” Project by Stanford University, USA, and Associate Editor with Literary Journal “Life and Legends”. She is the author of a chapbook (“A Potpourri of Emotions”, Local Gems Press, NY). Chapbook ( “My Body is Not An Apology”, Finishing Line Press, 2021) and Full Length ( “My Body Lives Like a Threat”, Flower Song Press,2021).She co-edited anthologies (“The Medusa Project”, Mookychick) and ( “The Kali Project”, Indie Blu(e) Press).
Her 600+ works have been featured internationally in literary journals, magazines, anthologies, newspapers, podcasts like Rising Phoenix Review, SONKU, Better than Starbucks, Poetry Society of New York, WNYC Studios, HUDSON Reporter, LILIPOH, PBS American Portrait, Kissing Dynamite, Adelaide Awards Anthology, American Writers Review, Dime show review, Rainbow Project among others where she received her Pushcart 2020 Nomination. She is also a recipient of 2021 Poet Fellowship from Martha’s Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing ( MVICW).
Her literary partnership “Life in Quarantine” with Stanford University has been presented in the Open Education Global Forum 2020 and received mention in Stanford Daily. Her sonnet publication with Poetry Society of New York has been accepted as a Summer Reading curriculum in University High School, Indiana, USA. She also has been featured on the PBS American Portrait. Her works has also been selected in the literary publication of various US universities like (Temple University, Philadelphia), Stanford University, University of Albany, Kent State University, Chicago University and Arkansas University. Her poem “Surreal” has been performed in the WildSound Festival,LA by Hollywoood Actress Careena Cojeen. Her poem “Survival is an Art”, Finalist in the Pangolin Poetry Contest 2019,has been read and performed by award winning UK based singer Tally Koren.
Megha is a Three-time NAMI NJ State Level Poetry Contest 2018/2019/2020 winner and National Level Spring Robinson Lit Prize 2020 winner. Shortlisted in Pangolin Poetry Prize 2019(USA),Adelaide Literary Award 2020 (USA), Erbacce Prize 2020(UK), iWomanGlobalAwards 2020(India),TWIBB Beyond Black Sakhi Awards 2020(USA), Poetry Super Highway 2020(USA).Nominated for “Publication of the Month” and “Author of the Year 2020” by Spillwords Press Awards 2021,NYC.
Her works have been selected numerous times by the Jersey City Writers Group and the Department of Cultural Affairs for the Arts House Festival. Chosen twice as the international panelist for the Jersey City Theater Center Online Series “Voices Around the World”. and “The Box : Reinvention 2021”.
She has been a featured poet in Oceanside Library Poetry reading 2020 , NY alongside Brooklyn Poet Laureate and Fellow of Academy of American Poets Maria Lisella. She was also a Featured Poet in Brown Stone Poetry Reading 2020 along side LA Based Joshua Corwin and Chad Parenteau. Her Forthcoming events include the Historical Nuyorican Cafe ( April 10,2021) in NYC and a featured poet along side Alora Young ( Youth Poet Laureate of Nashville) and Sophia Falco in the event “Women in Poetry’s Future” managed by WNBA-DC ( Women’s National Book Association”, DC Chapter) on April 20,2021.
Anthologies featuring her works have been mentioned in the Huffington Post and showcased in the Poets House, Manhattan as part of the summer reading 2019. Anthology (“SMITTEN” , Indi(e) Blue Press) has been a Finalist in the Indie Excellence Awards 2020. She was also part of the community poem “Just Breathe”curated by Former Jersey City Poet Laureate Rashad Wright and produced by Arts House Productions featuring 44 poets of Jersey city alongside Mayor Steven Fulop and the councilmen and councilwomen.
Her poem “Angels in Blue”written as an ode to the medical workers during COVID-19 also shares the space with the poem written by the President of Ireland Uachtarán na hÉireann Michael D. Higgins in the literary journal Pendemic.
Through her literary partnership with the Stanford University she was able to curate the works of Richard Blanco,US Presidential Inaugural Poet during President Barack Obama second term. Her debut print anthology as an editor (“The Kali Project, Indie Blue Press) has garnered enough attention in the media and other outlets. You can learn more about it here.
Anthology “Earth: A Place Worth Fighting For”, featuring her poem, curated by the UK based Staffordshire Poet Laureate, Mel Wardle Woodend has received a letter of thanks from the British Legend Sir David Attenborough.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assistant Poetry Editor at UK based Lit and Arts Journal MookyChick ( A Feminist Arts and Literary Journal since 2005)
- Associate Editor with California based Literary Journal Life and Legends ( “Life and Legends” is published by the “Silent River Film and Literary Society,” a non-profit organization registered in the state of California, USA. For more, visit – www.silentriverfilmandliterarysociety.org)
- Literary Partner for the “Life in Quarantine” Project by Stanford University, Sponsored by CESTA ( Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis) and The Poetic Lab, California, USA. You can read more about my role here.
- Contributing member at various literary Journals including Heretics, Lovers and Madmen, Sudden Denouement, GoDogGO Cafe, Candles Online, Whisper, and the Roar, Poets Corner, and Free Verse Revolution.
- Former Contributing Poetry Editor at US based Literary Journal Ariel Chart.
Books and Editing Projects
“The Kali Project”, Invoking the Goddess Within, Indian Women’s Voices by Indie Blu(e) Publishing, Edited by Candice Louisa Daquin and Megha Sood
The Kali Project has brought together the voices of 200+ Indian women speaking their truths. Be it infanticide, family violence, the emerging LGBTQ community in India, or the marital inequity Indian women face, these struggles are penned in exquisite poetry to enlighten and bring awareness. You can know more about the project here.
The Medusa Project, A Feminist Anthology by MookyChick
“The Medusa Project” drives inspiration from the magical winged warrior and a Greek Gorgon “Medusa” who rose above all the struggles, atrocities, and abuse in her patriarchal society and carved a niche for her, finally becoming a beacon of strength and resilience for generations to come. This anthology celebrates the 100 years of the woman suffragist movement in the United State which led to the 19th amendment of the US contribution allowing women to vote.
This anthology is a deep exposition of that pain and angst carried by the women for generations. It encapsulates the entire angst, rage, and passion and transforms it into thirty poems, mixed with art, poetry, fiction, and the magical rituals spreading throughout this e-book. Released on October 31, 2020, this e-book is free to download. You can know more about e-anthology here.
First Chapbook “A Potpourri of Emotions” by Local Gems Press, Long Island,New York
First Full Length Poetry Collection ” My Body Lives Like a Threat” by Flower Song Press,2021
https://www.flowersongpress.com/forthcoming-author-gallery ( Proud to share the author space with US Poet Laureate Emeritus and Chancellor of Academy of American Poets , Juan Felipe Harerra)
A deep exposition of gender and color-based discrimination, reproductive rights violations, body politics, and impact of a toxic political environment on the country and its people.
First Chapbook ” My Body is Not an Apology” by Finishing Line Press, Oct 2021
Open for Preorders : https://www.finishinglinepress.com/product/my-body-is-not-an-apology-by-megha-sood/
My chapbook is a true reflection of the feminist soul that I carry. All the poems in the collection are centered around body politics and its development. My poems are a deep exposition of gender-based discrimination, sexual and reproductive rights violations that references my experience emanating from gender-based bias and proliferation of hate speech against women. These poems are not only the reflection of blatant violation of body rights but also address the human rights violation in today’s toxic political environment as a whole. This chapbook highlights my journey, gives it a voice, and strengthens the fact that how the body is so central yet it remains invisible and still acts as a threat.
My 600+ works have been featured in Rising Phoenix Review, WNYC, Poetry Society of New York, North of Oxford,LILIPOH, SONKU Collective, American Writers Review, Better than Starbucks,521 Magazine, KOAN ( Paragon Press), Dime Show Review, Little Rose Magazine, Visitant Lit, Quail Bell, American Writers Review, Pendemic, Dream Noir Magazine, The Writer’s Cafe Magazine, The Quiet Corner, Poets Corner, Modern poetry, Spill words, FVR Publishing, Sudden denouement Publishing, Indian periodicals, Literary heist, Ariel Chart, Modern Literature, Fourth and Sycamore, Life in 10 minutes, Piker Press, Poethead, Former People Magazine, Cavalcade of Stars, The Stray Branch, Poetic Diversity, Ofrendas Press, Mojave Heart Review, Nightingale and Sparrow, Treehouse Arts, Praxis Magazine, The Conclusion Magazine, Merak Magazine, Royal Rose Magazine, Night Music Journal, GoDogGoCafe, Whisper and the Roar, Duane Poetree, Visual Verse, Vita Brevis, Dream Noir, Mineral LitMag, Pendemic, and many more.
Anthologies featuring my works have been mentioned in the Huffington Post and showcased in the Poets House, Manhatten as part of the summer reading 2019.
- War Cry from the Uterus, WideEyesPublishing
20% of all proceeds went to The Yellow Hammer Fund and ACLU
- Screaming from the Silence, Vociferous Press donated to
Joyful Heart Foundation and National Sexual resource Centre
- We Will not be silenced, Indie Blue Press, donated to RAINN
- RECLAIM Anthology
- “In her words”, a Mini Chapbook donated to the Outreach Education Program by Thinking in Full Color
To know more about my published works you can visit here
Anthology (Past and upcoming)
- Black Life Matters, Subterranean Blue Poetry,2021
- Ofrendas Magazine Issue 1, Ofrendas Press, 2021
- Nursery Rhymes and Children Anthology, Anita Nahal and Dr Meenakshi Mohan, 2021
- Earth, Fire, Water and Wind Anthology , Anita Nahal, 2021
- International Writers Journal )Jan-Mar 2021
- Assiduous Dust Poetry Anthology by Joshua Corwin, Spring 2021
- Lockdown Literature Anthology, Culture Cult Press,2021
- LILIPOH Magazine by Ellaraine Rockie , Jan 2021
- “Home”, Anthology by SETU Magazine, Rajasthan Press, 2021
- Anthology “Paws Healing the Earth”, River Paw Press, 2021
- Fevers of Mind Annual Anthology, David O Lan, 2021
- Anthology “But You Don’t Look Sick”, Indie Blue Press,2021
- Anthology “Time to Wonder”, University of Chicago,2021
- Poetry Quarterly, Winter Edition, Prolific Press,2021
- Anthology by Third Eye Butterfly Press,2021
- Transportation Anthology, Tarifi Press, South Africa, 2021
- Vita Brevis Press Anthology, 2021
- Earth : A Place Worth Fighting For Stafford Green Arts Festival Poetry Anthology 2021, Anthology by Staffordshire Poet Laureate Mel Wooded, 2021
- Theme :Sex, Spectrum Publishing, 2021
- It can’t Happen Here, MoonStone Arts Press, PA, 2021
- Adelaide Awards Poetry Anthology 2021, Adelaide Press, NYC
- Lessons from the Earth: An e-journal curated by Poet Laureate of Coburg
- Featured as “Time of the Poet” , MIOMBO Publishing
- Poetry and Interview featured in the exophinc journal ,Litehouse Jounal
- Poetry Featured in the February Edition of “Word City” Monthly curated by Daricie Friesen Hossack
- Poetry Showcase on the Fevers of the Mind Blog
- Arcs Prose Poetry Anthology , Arcs Poetry Press, 2021
- Anthology “But You Don’t Look Sick”, Indie Blue Press, 2021
- Dovetales: Letters from Self to the World, USA, 2021
- Boundless Anthology VIPF, Rio Grande Valley International Poetry Festival, 2021
- Surviving the Suicide, Nirala Publicarions , 2021
- Poetry Featured in the ezine Arts and Literayr Journal ,Sarawati
- Anthology ” Poetry on a Plate” , 2021
- Poetry Featured in “Poetry and COVID” Poetry and COVID ( University of Plymouth) Arts and Humanaties Reasearch Council,UK Gov
- Poetry featured in the Different Truths Journal
- Poetry Featured in the Fasihi Magazine, Feb 2021
- Anthology “Krishanashtak” , 2021
- Poetry Published in the Necro Productions, 2021
- Faery Anthology, Fae Corps Publishing, Jan 2020
- Writing for Peace, Dove Tales Org., Dec 2020
- Fevers of Mind and Poetry Issue no 3: Darkness and Light, Nov 2019
- Door is a Jar, Issue 13, Winter 2020, Jan 2020
- In her words, Thinking in Full color, Jan 2020
- Three Lines Poetry, Prolific Press, Jan 2020
- Poetry Quarterly, Fall edition, Prolific Press
- Adelaide Literary Award Anthology, 2020, Adelaide Press
- Arcs Prose Antholgy 2020, Arcs Press, December 2020
- Desh Videsh Magazine, Poetry Corner, Desh Videsh Media Group
- “Masques“, Culture Cult Anthology, Spring 2020
- The League of Poets – Sounds of Peace- World’s Biggest Anthology for Peace, TLOP Press, January 2020
- Memory House Magazine, University of Chicago, March 2020, USA
- Inwood Indiana, Winter 2020, Prolific Press, USA,
- “Your Poems from the isolation” Poetry Anthology, WNYC, New York, April 2020, USA
- “War and Battle Anthology”, The Poet, UK, April 2020
- “Poems from the Lockdown”, Willowdown Books, USA, April 2020
- Poetry Selected in the World’s biggest Poetry Anthology: Sounds of Peace by League of Poets., March 2020.
- “Striving for Survival”,OPA Anthology, Spring 2020, USA
- Pandemic Poems, A collaboration with Kate Belew, Editor of Milk Press, Poetry Society of New York
- “She Speaks Up” –An anthology featuring the winners of the Jessie Haver Butler Poetry Contest 2020
- American Writers Review ” Art in the time of COVID-19“ Issue, April 2020
- Pangolin Poetry Review , Special COVID Issue, March 2020
- Poets of the Pandemic Unite, Headline Poetry Press, March 2020, USA
- Poetry from the Lockdown, Willowdown Books, April 2020, USA
- “Family Legacies”, Spring Edition Vol 2, SONKU Collective, May 2020, USA
- “Melody”, Summer Edition, Nightingale and Sparrow Press, USA, June 2020
- Haiku Featured in the OCMA ( Orange County of Music and Arts) Sound Collage Project by Alan Nakagawa, California
- Otherwise Engaged Arts and Literary Journal,2020
- Poetry Diversified 2020, -An Anthology featuring the winners and finalist of the Spring Robinson Lit Prize 2020 by Poetry Matters Project
- The Woman Inc Anthology 2020, An Anthology featuring the winners and the finalist of the TWIBB Sakhi Awards 2020
- Alien Buddha Contracts Covid 19, Alien Buddha Press, June 2020
- “Poetry Section”,Desh Videsh Magazine, April 2020
- International Writers Journal, IWJ Magazine, July-September 2020
- Mundane and Musings, Tacenda Publication, September 2020
- Life in Quarantine– Historical Archive by Stanford University,California,USA
- Essay and Poetry accepted at the “Life in Quarantine” Project by Stanford University, USA
- Poetry and CNF published in Lumiere Review
- “On the Road”, The Poet Magazine, July 2020
- North of Oxford, Pandemic Issue, 2020
- Alien Buddha Press House of Horrors #3, Alien Buddha Press, 2020
- National Beat Poetry Foundation Anthology , Local Gems Press,2020
- Walt Whitman Collaborative Project, Local Gems Press, 2020
- As the World Burns, Indie Blu(e) Press, Fall 2020
- Moonstone Arts 24 Annual Poetry Ink , MoonStone Press, PA, USA, Dec 2020
- “We will not be silenced”, Indie Blu(e) Publishing, Fall 2018, USA ( Mentioned in the Huffington Post as the Top 100 Poetry Anthologies to be read in 2019.)
- “All the lonely people”, Blank Paper Press, Feb 2019, Canada
- “Voices Carry”, Sudden Denouement Publishing, Feb 2020, USA
- Narwhal’s Lament, Madness Muse Press, Fall 2019, USA
- The Stray Branch, Fall 2019, USA
- Dime Show Review Vol 3 Issue 1, USA
- Poetica Vol 2, By Me Poetry Press, Australia, 2019
- RECLAIM Anthology, Philippines, 2019 ( Showcased in the Poets House, Manhattan,NY)
- Flight Magazine, Nightingale and Sparrow, March 2019, USA
- HAIKU Journal, Prolific Press, Feb 2019, USA
- Poetry Quarterly Winter Issue, Prolific Press, March 2019, USA
- Adelaide Magazine Issue no 24, May 2019, USA and Lebanon
- Fevers of the Mind Digest, Volume 1, June 2019, USA
- Lift every Voice, Kissing Dynamite Anthology, Fall 2019, USA
- Stanzas from the silence, Vociperous Press, Winter 2020, USA
- War Crimes Against the Uterus, Wide Eyes Publishing, June 2019, USA
- Dual Coast Magazine Issue 7, Prolific Press, June 2019, USA
- Madness Muse Anthology, Madness Muse press, Fall 2019, USA
- Nightingale and Sparrow, Heat Edition, Fall 2019, USA
- Fevers of the Mind Digest Volume 2, June 2019, USA
- Smitten, Indie Blue Press, Fall 2019, USA, Finalist in the Indie Excellence Awards 2020
- Better than Starbucks, September 2019, USA
- America’s Emerging Poets Series New Jersey Edition, Z Publishing, Fall 2019
- Jitter Press Issue no 8, Prolific Press, Oct 2019
- Crepe and Penn Issue no 4, Nov 2019
- Vita Brevis Anthology, Vite Brevis Press, Dec 2019
- Book Review for “Anatomy of A Dress” by Juliette van der Molen published by Hedgehog Press, UK
- Book Review – “Bad Mommy Stay Mommy” by Elisabeth Horan published by Fly on the Wall Poetry Press, UK
- Book Review-Quit your Job and become a poet by Georgia Parks, Indie Blu Press, USA
- Blurb for “Composition of a woman” by Christine E Ray by Indie Blue Press
- Blog Tour and Book Review for “Medusa’s Daughter” by Jane Rosenberg LaForge
- Book Review ” The Red Diary” Published in the online journal Different Truth.
- Book Review ” Like a Bird with a Thousand Wings” by Melissa Studdard and Christopher Theofanidis.
- Book Review ” Paws Healing the Earth”, River Paw Press, 2021
Prizes and Awards
- National Level First Prize Winner in Spring Robinson/Mahogany Red Lit Prize 2020 by Poetry Matters Prize 2020
- State Level First Place Winner in the NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Mental Health Poetry contest 2020
- Finalist in the Arcs Prose Poetry Award 2020.
- Top 10 Finalist in Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest 2020 amongst 976 entries from 13 countries
- Nominated for Pushcart by Poets Wear Prada “The Rainbow Project”
- Poetry featured on the Dineen Hull Arts Gallery, New Jersey in honor of the National Poetry Month 2020 in collaboration with Hudson County Community College (HCCC) and Department of Cultural Affairs (DOCA)
- Longlisted in the Erbacce Prize 2000.Top 140 amongst 9000 entries.
- Finalist for the Jessie Haver Bulter Poetry Prize 2020
- Nominated in the Literature category for the iWomanGlobalAwards 2020
- Nominated as “Author of the Month”, Dec 2020, Spillwords Press, NYC
- Nominated as “Author of the Year”, 2020, Spillwords Press Awards 2021
- Featured as Spotlight Poet in the “Poets of 2020” anthology by Fevers of the Mind Press
- Finalist in the “Best Poem” Category in the Adelaide Literary Awards 20
- 2021 Poet Fellowship from Martha Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing (MVICW)
- Poetry Featured and displayed outside the City Hall, Jersey City as part of the Walk_Bye “The Women” exhibit 2021
- Poetry featured in the First ever Poetry Showcase by Jersey City Free Public Library, New jersey, 2021
- Second Place Winner in San Gabriel Valley Poetry Festival 2021 in “People’s Choice” Category
- Won the 3rd position state-level in NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Mental Health Poetry contest 2019.
- Won the 1st position state-level in NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Mental Health Poetry contest 2018.
- Finalist in the National level poetry by the Poetry Matters Lit Prize 2019.
- Top 20 in the Pangolin Poetry Prize 2019 judged by Mellissa Studdard.
- Finalist in the Adelaide Literary Award 2019 for Best Poem category
- Finalist for TWIBB ( The Woman Inc Beyond Black) Sakhi Annual Poetry Awards 2019
- Interview Published in the Vita Brevis Literature
- Interview Published in the GodogGO Cafe
- Interview Published in the Meet the Bloggers
- Mention at the Whisper and the Roar
- Interview in Spill words Press, NYC, USA
- Interview in Mumble Words, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Interview in The Poetry Question TPQ5
- Upcoming interview by Ofrendas Press, PA, USA, Fall 2019
- Author of the Month by Pennsylvania based Bilingual Setu Magazine
- Featured in the Poetry Corner Section of the Desh Videsh Magazine in honor of the National Poetry Month 2020, Desh Videsh Media Group, USA, Spring 2020
- Author Spotlight in the Fae Corps Publishing, March 2020, USA
- Featured in “Backstory of a Poem Series, May 2020, USA
- Featured twice on WNYC #PausePoetry Challenge ( Week 2 and Week 3 Prompts) -Poems from the isolation featured on the Brian Lehrer Show
- Interview with the NY based Poetry Group ” A Compendium of Literary Minds”, University of Albany, NY, USA
- Interview with Krizia Bruno of Ofrendas Press, USA
- Featured on the BlogTalkRadioShow Episode “Generating Awareness” by WOW of Women and Divas That Care Network
- Interview Published in UK based The Poet Magazine
- Featured on the “Assiduous Dust” Poetry Podcast by LA based Poet Joshua Corwin
- “Life in Quarantine” Project presented in the Global Education Conference 2020, CESTA, Stanford University, 2021
- Poetry included in the Summer reading 2020 Curriculum, University High School, Indiana
- Featured in the Jersey City Theater Centre Series (JCTC Conversations)– Voices from around the World, Episode -Courage.
- Featured in the Jersey City Theater Centre Series– Voices from around the World, Episode -Strength
- Wednesday Night Poetry Hosted by Kai Coggin ( Longest running open mic in the Country featured on New York Times,PBS)
- Jersey City Community Poem curated by JC Poet Laureate Rashad Wright and in collaboration with Arts House Production
- Poetry reading at the “First Fridays” Event with The Soap Box Press, Canada
- Poetry Reading with EIC Glenn Lyvers Prolific Press, USA
- Poetry reading with NAMI Expressive Cafe with Jacquese Armstrong, New Jersey , USA
- Poetry featured in Nature Walk: A PhotoPoetry Zine, An Audio-Visual Experience
- Poetry Reading with Bilingual SETU Magazine, Pennsylvania,USA
- Poetry featured in the Heard/Word Audio Series of the Galleyway, NY
- Poetry reading at the open mic at the Elizabeth Youth Centre featuring the Jersey City Poet Laureate Rashad Wright and Patterson Poet Laureate, Talena Lachelle Queen
- Poetry reading as a featured poet at the Brooklyn based Brownstone Poets along with Joshua Corwin and Chad Parenteau.
- Poetry reading as a featured poet alongside Queens Poet Laureate/2020 Fellow of Academy of American poets Maria Lisella at the Oceanside Poetry reading
- Poetry Reading as a featured poet at the International Women Live SETU Magazine
- Poetry Reading at 2020 NAMI NJ Virtual Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony
- Poetry Reading at the Tandoori Gupshup event by Anita Nahal and Roopali Sircar
- Poetry reading at the IAWA.NET ( Italian American Writers Association) curated by Maria Lisella.
- Poetry Workshop for an IB Elementary School, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Featured as Guest Speaker at the book launch of “The Read Diary” , a Novel by Neelam Saxena Chandra
- Poetry reading for It Can’t Happen Here at Moonstone Arts Center, Philadelphia on January 31, 2021
- Poetry Reading for Spectrum Publishing, California, Edition no 26, on January 30 at 6pm
- Poetry reading Event for the Prolific Press on Feb 13,2021
- Book Launch of the Poetry Anthology “Earth: A Place Worth Fighting For” on Feb 17,2021
- Poetry reading at the “When Women Speak”(Women empowering women through voice) poetry event on Feb 16,2021
- Poetry Reading at the “The Box : Reinvention” event by Jersey City Theater Center curated by the Jersey City Poet Laureate Rescue Poetix and Arial Guidry
- Poetry Reading at the IFC ( In Full Color)Badass Babe Bash Event on the International Woman’s Day 2021
- Poetry Reading at the 5th International Poetry Meet, 12 march ,2021
- Featured Poet in the “Stri Shakti: A Poetic Tribute by Women Poets” by SETU Bilingual Magazine, Pitsburgh, USA
- Featured in the “When Woman Speak” Women’s Month Special curated by Ameerah Shabaazz
- Poem “Survival Is an Art” to be read by award winning UK Based singer Tally Koren at the “Changing the Face of Poetry” event on the World Poetry Day , March 21,2021
- Featured a Poetry Judge for the State Level NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Poetry Contest 2021
- Featured Poet in the Women’s National Book Association(WNBA-DC) Celebrates “Women in Poetry’s Future” Event on April 20,2021 along with Nashville Youth Poet Laureate Alora Young and Sophia Falco
- Featured as Slam Poetry Judge for the NSS IIT-D ( Institute of Information Technology) for the Annual Social fest Kaizen,21
- Featured Poet in the historic Nuyorican Cafe for the “When Women Speak” event
- Poetry Reading at the Hudson County Community College Cultural Affairs “Step Up to the Mic” Event on April 14,2021 #NationalPoetryMonth2021
- Launch of the “The Kali Project” in Kolkata, India by the Rakshak Foundation #TheKaliProject
- Poetry Reading for the 13th Annual Words for Birds 2021 organized by Mitchell Lake Audobon centre on April 24, 2021 at 7pm CST/8pm EST #NationalPoetryMonth2021
- Poetry Reading at the Maria Lisella (Queens Poet Laureate)Poetry Workshop, April 15,2021 at 11:30am EST #NationalPoetryMonth2021
- Poetry Reading for the Upcoming Festival of Poetry “Anantha”by Samyukta Poetry on April 17,2021 at 7:30pm EST #HappyNationalPoetryMonth
- Poetry as part of the Art Exhibition Group Show “The Women” by Walk_Bye to be placed at City Hall, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Poetry selected for reading at the “Survival is Insufficient” series based on the National Endowment of Arts BigRead event.
- Poetry reading at the DOCA( Department of Cultural Affairs) Open Rooftop series by Jersey City Writers.
- Poetry selected for reading at the “Overcoming Limitation” series hosted by Jersey City Writers and Art Access Festival at the West Gallery, NJ
- Poetry reading at the MANA Contemporary Arts Center, Newark, NJ as part of 2nd Annual Jersey City Poetry Festival
- Poetry reading the NJ NAMI Annual Awards and Luncheon Banquet and 3rd state-level winner at NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Expressive Arts Mental Health Poetry Contest 2019.
- Poetry reading in the West Gallery “Of Myths and Monster” series hosted by Jersey City Writers and Art Access Festival 2019
- Poetry reading at the Open Road Poetry 2020 Season Kickoff event hosted by Rescue Poetix and Crystal Davis
- Poetry reading at the Jersey City Genre reading night: Night of hidden Life hosted by Jersey City Writers Group featuring the Top 10 writers of the Hudson County
- Online Poetry Event conducted for three days for Black Bough Poetry, UK
- Headlining the poetry festival at the Franklin Township Arts and Council ( FTAC), Somerset, New Jersey, Spring 2020 — Event Canceled
Lastly, a million thanks to all who visit, like, or follow my tiny bits of creation.
Every time you do that, I get to know one more beautiful person in my life and get the chance to see their creation too.