I’m the mother of a smart and energetic nine-year-old. I started expressing myself creatively since 2017. Since then I have been continuously inspired by events in my life which have helped me in penning my thoughts.
I’m an avid reader, loves to sing, an ardent lover of poetry, and sometimes can scribble a few lines too. I love to dance in the rain, have an undying love for nature, and can watch the beautiful sunset for hours.
I have worked in the IT field for almost a decade as a manager, worked crazy hours, and traveled around the world. In that busy schedule, I never got the time to creatively express my thoughts. Now every time I finish a poem, free verse anything it fills me with so much happiness and excitement and a feeling to have created something of my own.
Here is my listing as a poet in the Directory of Poets and Writers ( Pw.Org)
Roles and responsibilities
I’m a contributing member at Heretics, Lovers and Madmen, Sudden Denouement, GoDogGO Cafe, Candles Online, Whisper, and the Roar, Poets Corner, and Free Verse Revolution. Also, I recently joined Ariel Chart as a Contributing Poetry editor and UK based feminist journal Mookychick as the Assistant Poetry editor.
I’m currently co-editing a Feminist Anthology called the “The Medusa Project” by Mookychick, UK.
My 450+ works have been featured in Better than Starbucks,521 Magazine, KOAN ( Paragon Press), Dime Show Review, Little Rose Magazine, Visitant Lit, Quail Bell, American Writers Review, Pendemic, Dream Noir Magazine, The Writer’s Cafe Magazine, The Quiet Corner, Poets Corner, Modern poetry, Spill words, FVR Publishing, Sudden denouement Publishing, Indian periodicals, Literary heist, Ariel Chart, Modern Literature, Fourth and Sycamore, Life in 10 minutes, Piker Press, Poethead, Former People Magazine, Cavalcade of Stars, The Stray Branch, Poetic Diversity, Ofrendas Press, Mojave Heart Review, Nightingale and Sparrow, Treehouse Arts, Praxis Magazine, The Conclusion Magazine, Merak Magazine, Royal Rose Magazine, Night Music Journal, GoDogGoCafe, Whisper and the Roar, Duane Poetree, Visual Verse, Vita Brevis, Dream Noir, Mineral LitMag, Pendemic, Poetry Society of New York, WNYC, SONKU Collective, American Writers Review and many more.
Anthologies featuring my works have been mentioned in the Huffington Post and showcased in the Poets House, Manhatten as part of the summer reading 2019.
- War Cry from the Uterus, WideEyesPublishing
20% of all proceeds went to The Yellow Hammer Fund and ACLU
- Screaming from the Silence, Vociferous Press donated to
Joyful Heart Foundation and National Sexual resource Centre
- We Will not be silenced, Indie Blue Press, donated to RAINN
- RECLAIM Anthology
- “In her words”, a Mini Chapbook donated to the Outreach Education Program by Thinking in Full Color
To know more about my published works you can visit here
Anthology (Past and upcoming)
- “We will not be silenced”, Indie Blu(e) Publishing, Fall 2018, USA ( Mentioned in the Huffington Post as the Top 100 Poetry Anthologies to be read in 2019.)
- “All the lonely people”, Blank Paper Press, Feb 2019, Canada
- “Voices Carry”, Sudden Denouement Publishing, Feb 2020, USA
- Narwhal’s Lament, Madness Muse Press, Fall 2019, USA
- The Stray Branch, Fall 2019, USA
- Dime Show Review Vol 3 Issue 1, USA
- Poetica Vol 2, By Me Poetry Press, Australia, 2019
- RECLAIM Anthology, Philippines, 2019 ( Showcased in the Poets House, Manhatten)
- Flight Magazine, Nightingale and Sparrow, March 2019, USA
- HAIKU Journal, Prolific Press, Feb 2019, USA
- Poetry Quarterly Winter Issue, Prolific Press, March 2019, USA
- Adelaide Magazine Issue no 24, May 2019, USA and Lebanon
- Fevers of the Mind Digest, Volume 1, June 2019, USA
- Lift every Voice, Kissing Dynamite Anthology, Fall 2019, USA
- Stanzas from the silence, Vociperous Press, Winter 2020, USA
- War Crimes Against the Uterus, Wide Eyes Publishing, June 2019, USA
- Dual Coast Magazine Issue 7, Prolific Press, June 2019, USA
- Madness Muse Anthology, Madness Muse press, Fall 2019, USA
- Nightingale and Sparrow, Heat Edition, Fall 2019, USA
- Fevers of the Mind Digest Volume 2, June 2019, USA
- Smitten, Indie Blue Press, Fall 2019, USA
- Better than Starbucks, September 2019, USA
- America’s Emerging Poets Series New Jersey Edition, Z Publishing, Fall 2019
- Faery Anthology, Fae Corps Publishing, Jan 2020
- Jitter Press Issue no 8, Prolific Press, Oct 2019
- Crepe and Penn Issue no 4, Nov 2019
- Vita Brevis Anthology, Vite Brevis Press, Dec 2019
- Writing for Peace, Dove Tales Org., Dec 2020
- Fevers of Mind and Poetry Issue no 3: Darkness and Light, Nov 2019
- Door is a Jar, Issue 13, Winter 2020, Jan 2020
- In her words, Thinking in Full color, Jan 2020
- Three Lines Poetry, Prolific Press, Jan 2020
- Poetry Quarterly, Fall edition, Prolific Press
- Adelaide Literary Award Anthology, 2020, Adelaide Press
- Arcs Prose Antholgy 2020, Arcs Press, December 2020
- Desh Videsh Magazine, Poetry Corner, Desh Videsh Media Group
- Culture Cult Anthology, Spring 2020
- The League of Poets – Sounds of Peace- World’s Biggest Anthology for Peace, TLOP Press, January 2020
- Memory House Magazine, University of Chicago, March 2020, USA
- Inwood Indiana, Winter 2020, Prolific Press, USA,
- “Your Poems from the isolation” Poetry Anthology, WNYC, New York, April 2020, USA
- “War and Battle Anthology”, The Poet, UK, April 2020
- “Poems from the Lockdown”, Willowdown Books, USA, April 2020
- Poetry Selected in the World’s biggest Poetry Anthology: Sounds of Peace by League of Poets., March 2020.
- OPA Antholgy, Spring 2020, USA
- Pandemic Poems, A collaboration with Kate Belew, Editor of Milk Press, Poetry Society of New York
- “She Speaks Up” -An anthology featuring the winners of the Jessie Haver Butler Poetry Contest 2020
- American Writers Review ” Art in the time of COVID-19″ Issue, April 2020
- Pangolin Poetry Review , Special COVID Issue, March 2020
- Poets of the Pandemic Unite, Headline Poetry Press, March 2020, USA
- Poetry from the Lockdown, Willowdown Books, April 2020, USA
- “Family Legacies”, Spring Edition Vol 2, SONKU Collective, May 2020, USA
- “Melody”, Summer Edition, Nightingale and Sparrow Press, USA, June 2020
- Haiku Featured in the OCMA ( Orange County of Music and Arts) Sound Collage Project by Alan Nakagawa, California
- Book Review for “Anatomy of A Dress” by Juliette van der Molen published by Hedgehog Press, UK
- Book Review – “Bad Mommy Stay Mommy” by Elisabeth Horan published by Fly on the Wall Poetry Press, UK
- Book Review-Quit your Job and become a poet by Georgia Parks, Indie Blu Press, USA
- Blurb for “Composition of a woman” by Christine E Ray by Indie Blue Press
Prizes and Awards
- Won the 1st position state-level in NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Mental Health Poetry contest 2018.
- Won the 3rd position state-level in NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Mental Health Poetry contest 2019.
- Finalist in the National level poetry by the Poetry Matters Lit Prize 2019.
- Top 20 in the Pangolin Poetry Prize 2019 judged by Mellissa Studdard.
- Finalist in the Adelaide Literary Award 2019 for Best Poem category
- Nominated for the Arcs Prose Poetry Award 2020.
- Poetry featured on the Dineen Hull Arts Gallery, New Jersey in honor of the National Poetry Month 2020 in collaboration with Hudson County Community College (HCCC) and Department of Cultural Affairs (DOCA)
- Longlisted in the Erbacce Prize 2000.Top 140 amongst 9000 entries.
- Winner of the Jessie Haver Bulter Poetry Prize 2020
- State Level First Place Winner in the NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Mental Health Poetry contest 2020
- Nominated in the Literature category for the iWomanGlobalAwards 2020
- First Prize Winner in Spring Robinson/Mahogany Red Lit Prize 2020 by Poetry Matters Prize 2020
- Finalist forTWIBB ( The Woman Inc Beyond Black) Sakhi Annual Poetry Awards 2019
- Interview Published in the Vita Brevis Literature
- Interview Published in the GodogGO Cafe
- Interview Published in the Meet the Bloggers
- Mention at the Whisper and the Roar
- Interview in Spill words Press, NYC, USA
- Interview in Mumble Words, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Interview in The Poetry Question TPQ5
- Upcoming interview by Ofrendas Press, PA, USA, Fall 2019
- Author of the Month by Pennsylvyna based Setu Magazine
- Featured in the Poetry Corner Section of the Desh Videsh Magazine in honor of the National Poetry Month 2020, Desh Videsh Media Group, USA, Spring 2020
- Author Spotlight in the Fae Corps Publishing, March 2020, USA
- Featured in “Backstory of a Poem Series, May 2020, USA
- Featured twice on WNYC #PausePoetry Challenge ( Week 2 and Week 3 Prompts) -Poems from the isolation featured on the Brian Lehrer Show
- Poetry selected for reading at the “Survival is Insufficient” series based on the National Endowment of Arts BigRead event.
- Poetry reading at the DOCA( Department of Cultural Affairs) Open Rooftop series by Jersey City Writers.
- Poetry selected for reading at the “Overcoming Limitation” series hosted by Jersey City Writers and Art Access Festival at the West Gallery, NJ
- Poetry reading at the MANA Contemporary Arts Center, Newark, NJ as part of 2nd Annual Jersey City Poetry Festival
- Poetry reading the NJ NAMI Annual Awards and Luncheon Banquet and 3rd state-level winner at NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Expressive Arts Mental Health Poetry Contest 2019.
- Poetry reading in the West Gallery “Of Myths and Monster” series hosted by Jersey City Writers and Art Access Festival 2019
- Poetry reading at the Open Road Poetry 2020 Season Kickoff event hosted by Rescue Poetix and Crystal Davis
- Poetry reading at the Jersey City Genre reading night: Night of hidden Life hosted by Jersey City Writers Group featuring the Top 10 writers of the Hudson County
- Online Poetry Event conducted for three days for Black Bough Poetry, UK
- Headling the poetry festival at the Franklin Township Arts and Council ( FTAC), Somerset, New Jersey, Spring 2020 — Event Canceled
- Featured in the Jersey City Theater Centre Series(JCTC Conversations)– Voices from around the World, Episode -Courage.
- Featured in the Jersey City Theater Centre Series– Voices from around the World, Episode -Strength
- Prolific Press Poetry Reading for the Published readers
- Wednesday Night Poetry Hosted by Kai Coggin ( Longest running open mic in the Country featured on New York Times,PBS)
- Jersey City Community Poem curated by JC Poet Laureate Rashad Wright and in collaboration with Arts House Production
Lastly, a million thanks to all who visit, like, or follow my tiny bits of creation.
Every time you do that, I get to know one more beautiful person in my life and get the chance to see their creation too.