November was the month of Literary festivals and award functions. Some notable functions included the Juried Arts Awards by The Artist Forum. It was an honor and privilege to judge this year’s Spoken Word Competition with my co-jurors David Dephy, Amos White, and Baron Wright.
The month’s highlight was my full-length inclusion in the coveted Indo-American Arts Council Literary Festival. The festival went on for two days. It was an honor to share the space with award-winning poets, scholars, and writers of the Indian diaspora. It was thrilling to share the space with Nobel Peace laureate, Padma Sree awardee, and the Booker Prize winner, and a surreal feeling to see your book as art displayed on the walls of the Callum Gallery in Manhattan, NYC.
Notable publications this month included “Poetry on a Plate with Spicy Mango pickle”, Ekphrastic journal Visual Verse, and “Ten Most read Poets” for the North of Oxford Journal. Also thankful to Gina Duran for giving me space on the radio show “The Collective”.
As the year comes to an end, it brings me back to the excitement of publishing and planning the book tour for my full-length collection at the start of this year. I’m proud that the collection has been a finalist in three national-level awards. A semi-finalist for the National League of American women grants, and also a featured book in the Literary festival by Indo-American Literary festival.
Hoping to have a dazzling poetic December.
List of Publications/Events/Awards for the month of November 2022
- Poetry collection (“My Body Loves Like a Threat”, FlowerSongPress, 2022 )Finalist in the 19th Annual “Best Book Awards” by American Book Fest
- Poetry published in the London/Berlin Ekphrastic journal, Visual Verse Vol 9, Chapter 12
- Featured as TEN MOST READ POETS in the journal NORTH OF OXFORD 2022
- Interview on the radio show, The Collective on 101.5 FM LA by Gina Duran featuring Megha Sood
- Press Mention for the Indo-American Arts Festival,7-13 Nov 2022, NYC
- Poetry published in the anthology “Poetry on a plate with spicy mango pickle” by AuthorsPress, India
- The Artists Forum Juried Arts Festival Awards Ceremony, Nov 10, 2022, 5:30-8:30pm
- Featured Panelist at the 2022 Literary festival by Indo-American Arts Council, NY