May has been special to me as my poetry was chosen and displayed outside the City Hall, Jersey City as part of the walk_by exhibit curated by Catalina Arunguren. It was a moment of celebration for me to be facilitated by the Mayor and the Councilwomen of Jersey City. The first event happened after the lock down period of 14 months. I also was the featured poet in the When People Speak event curated by Ameerah Shabazz and James Ellerbe. To be a featured poet on the Saturday Night Afternoon poetry by Spectrum Publishing was also a special moment.
Other reputed publications include the Arkansas Tech University Journal, Nebo, Jersey City Library Poetry showcase, Visual Verse, OffMenu Press, and Spillwords. I also threw my ring in the hat as a nominee for the iWGA awards.
It was a special and extremely proud moment to represent my South Asian community to speak in the AAPI Heritage month and to talk about the xenophobia and racial hatred in the community. The event was curated by the founder of an award-winning organization in full color, Summer Dawn Reyes.
- Nominated for the iWGA ( international Women Global Awards) 2021
- Poetry Published in the Home Planet Online Issue no 8
- Featured Poet on the 1 year anniversary of When People Speak, May 25, 2021
- Poetry Published in Nebo, Arkansas Tech University Journal
- Featured Artist in the AAPI Heritage Month by INFullColor
- Featured Poet in the Spectrum Publishing, California
- Poetry Published in Visual Verse
- Poetry Published in the First Jersey City Library Poetry Showcase
- Poetry Published in the NY based Press, Spillwords
- Poetry featured outside the City Hall, Jersey City, NJ as part of the walk_by exhibit
- Longlisted for the Erbacce Prize amongst 13000 entries
- Poetry Published in the OffMenu Press
- Poetry reading series premiered on Earth Day, 2021
- Poetry reading at the Speak Series at the Word Seed