February has been super special to me as it opened with an announcement of my first chapbook acceptance by the award-winning “Finishing Line Press”.Signing a book contract with a publisher gave me an indescribable feeling. Other places worth mentioning were the LILIPOH edition curated by the American Poet and legend Ellairinae Lockie and the Word Monthly curated by Darcie Friesen Hossack. My first print anthology in the editorial position #TheKaliProject also got its share of media mention in the Borderless Journal and the Feminist Confessional. I was proud to be part of the “Black Lives Matter” edition of the esteemed Canadian Journal, Subterranean Blue Poetry.
Getting featured in the PBS American Portrait was also the highlight of the month. I was also delighted to know that one of the poems was the Finalist in the Best Poem Category in the Adelaide Literary Awards 2020. Amongst the other poetry events including “When Women Speak” getting selected for “The Box: Reinvention” curated by the JC Poet Laureate Rescue Poetix and Ariel Guidry was the highlight of my month. The month came to its end with the absolutely delightful news of the anthology “ Earth: A Place Worth Fighting For” receiving a letter of thanks from the British legend Sir David Attenborough. I was honored to be part of the anthology and was lucky enough to suggest its title. The anthology was curated by the Staffordshire Poet Laureate, Mel Wardle Woodend.
Following is the list of my publications/radio shows/events for the month of February 2021.
- Anthology “Earth a Place worth Fighting For”, UK
- Poetry published in LILIPOH Winter Edition, USA
- Poetry Published ” Arcs Prose Anthology 2021″
- Media Mention of #TheKaliProject in Borderless Journal, Singapore
- Poetry Published in Visual Verse
- Poetry Published ” It Can’t Happen Here”, Moonstone Arts, PA
- Featured Poet in the “The Box ” Reinvention” at the Jersey City Theater Centre, New Jersey
- Poetry Published in the Subterranean Blue Poetry
- Featured in PBS American Portrait
- Poetry reading at the “When Women Speak” event
- Poetry events for the Prolific Press Poets
- Poetry featured in the 24 Annual Ink Poetry by Moonstone Arts, PA
- Blog Tour and Book Review “Medusa’s Daughter” by Jane Rosenberg LaForge
- Finalist in the Best Poem Category by Adelaide Literary Awards 2020
- Poetry Published in the Word City Monthly
- Review of the novel “The Red Diary” published on the Different Truths website
- Poetry reading for the Spectrum Publishing, California
- Chapbook acceptance by Finishing Line Press
- Poetry Published in the Poetry Quarterly Fall Edition