The year 2020 started on a sullen note of a war threat between Iran and the United States followed by the invisible enemy which kept most of us at home living our lives in our islands of isolation. The tumultuous year defined by the 100-year-old invisible enemy, the toxic presidential election, California wildfires, the death of George Floyd galvanizing the Black Lives Matter movement all across the globe are finally ending on a peaceful and hopeful note with President-Elect Biden and first ever person of color woman gracing the second-highest position in the office. The continuous news of the successful trials of vaccines and the start of its distribution has brought hope to millions and thousands of people. This year through its trials and tribulations has brought unprecedented success in my writing career since the last three years of its commencement. I’m extremely elated and excited to share the following list of literary milestones ( small and big) I have achieved in this unprecedented year. Hoping to continue this streak with the support of my friends, readers in the literary community, and elsewhere.
Nobody can achieve success in isolation, its the tireless support and belief of the friends,family and readers in the literary community whose collective efforts shines through my works.It is impossible to tag each and everyone responsible for this but they know who they are and I’m immensely thankful to each one of them for believing in my work and supporting and encouraging me every step of the way.
I’m eternally grateful to every single reader and supporter of my creative journey. So long 2020!! Here’s to new beginnings and dreams for 2021!!
- Associate Editor at the UK Based Arts and Literary Journal Mookychick
- Poetry featured in Poetry Society of New York, SONKU collective, WNYC Studios, Rising Phoenix Reviews, Madras Courier, Cafe Dissensus, American Writers Review, Jesse Haver Butler “She Speaks Up”, North of Oxford, Subterranean Blue, National BEAT Poetry Foundation, Life and legends, Spectrum Publishing,Walt Whitman Collaborative Project, OCMA Orange county and many more.
- Author of the month in Pittsburgh based SETU and Florida Based Desh Videsh Magazine, Galleyway New York, and many others.
- Chosen twice as a panelist in the Online series “ Voices Around the World” by Jersey City Theater Centre by Artistic Director Olga Levina
- State Level Winner 2020 in NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Poetry Contest
- National Level Winner 2020 in Spring Robinson/Mahogany Red Lit Prize by Poetry Matters Prize
- Poetry and Personal Essay accepted at the “Life in Quarantine” Stanford University
- Short Story and Personal essay published in Lumiere Review and World record challenging Tacenda Publication.
- Literary Partnership at the “Life in Quarantine”, CESTA, Stanford University
- Finalist in Adelaide Literary awards 2020, Erbacce 2020, TWIBB Awards 2020, Poetry Super Highway 2020, Jassie Haver Butler Poetry Contest 2020, Arcs Prose Poetry Award 2020, other poetry contests and awards.
- Poetry featured in the World Biggest Poetry Anthology Songs of Peace
- Able to curate literary works of US Presidential Inaugural Poet , Richard Blanco for the “Life in Quarantine” Project by Stanford University.
- Featured in the community poem “ Just Breathe” curated by JC Poet Laureate Rashad Wright performed alongside JC Mayor Steven Fulop and 45 chosen poets.
- Poetry appeared in the following university-run journals Temple University, Philadelphia,Stanford University,University of Albany,Kent State University
,Chicago University, Arkansas University,Hudson Community College, DOCA
- Poetry featured on the Dineen Hull Arts Gallery, New Jersey in honor of the National Poetry Month 2020 in collaboration with Hudson County Community College (HCCC) and Department of Cultural Affairs (DOCA)
- Poetry featured in Nature Walk: A PhotoPoetry Zine, An Audio-Visual Experience
- Interviews by Poet Magazine, NYU, Ofrendas Press, “Back Story of the poem” series
- Pandemic Poems, A collaboration with Kate Belew, Editor of Milk Press, Poetry Society of New York
- Co-edited the maiden e-anthology at Mookychick “The Medusa Project”
- Co-edited the anthology at Indie Blue Press “The Kali Project”
- First Chapbook “A Potpourri of Emotions” by US Beat Poet Laureate James P Wagner, Local Gems Press
- Published poetry in journals/magazines/newspapers/anthologies crossed 500+ mark.
- “SMITTEN” anthology featured as a finalist in the Indie Excellence Awards 2020
- Nominated in iWomanGlobalAwards 2020
- Author Spotlight at the Fae Corps Publishing, NY based Spillwords Press
- Online Poetry event hosted for the UK based Black Bough Poetry
- Radio Show/poetry podcast featured on WOW and “Assiduous Dust” by Joshua Corwin
- First Chapbook coming by an award winning press in 2021
- First Poetry full-length collection “My Body Lives Like a Threat” by Texas Poet Laureate run press, FlowerSong Press
- Poetry reading as a featured poet alongside Queens Poet Laureate/2020 Fellow of Academy of American poets Maria Lisella at the Oceanside Poetry reading
- Joined the Academy of American Poets as an associate member.
- Poetry reading as a featured poet at the Brooklyn based Brownstone Poets along with Joshua Corwin and Chad Parenteau.
- Poetry Reading as a featured poet at the International Women Live SETU Magazine
- Poetry Reading at the Tandoori Gupshup event by Anita Nahal and Roopali Sircar
- Poetry reading at the Jersey City Genre reading Night.
- Poetry reading at the open mic at the Elizabeth Youth Centre featuring the Jersey City Poet Laureate Rashad Wright and Patterson Poet Laureate, Talena Lachelle Queen
- Poem nominated for the coveted Pushcart by Poets Wear Parda “The Rainbow Project”
- Associate Editor at the coveted “Life and Legends” Literary Journal by Kalpna Singh Chitnis
Happy Poetry !!