Love and the continued support from my wonderful WordPress community have never failed to amaze me.It fills my heart with happiness to inform that I have again been nominated by a wonderful blogger, Shoumodip Roy, for the Liebster award.
He is a wonderful writer and blogs at The floating thoughts by Roy.
Go check out his wonderful blog!
Now next is the list of the wonderfully curated questions by Shoumodip, which I’ll try to answer with my utmost honesty.
Here they are!
1. What is writing to you? (Explain the value of writing in your life)
Oh Wow! Believe me, I have written a whole post about how much writing means to me or why do we write. For me, writing is very cathartic. It helps me in penning down my thoughts, my emotions, my reactions to any or every situation in a very creative and artistic manner.Every one of us is a writer by heart but the art of mesmerizing others with your personal experience through writing is a gift.
2. What one change you would like to bring about in this world if you have been given the power to do so?
As we get busier in our lives by each passing day, I feel people are getting less empathetic and comfortably numb to the pain of their fellow humans.If only I could instill this one trait of empathy in everyone so deeply that couldn’t ignore it even if they want to.
I guess we would be able to solve so much of the world’s problem, if people are most understanding to the pain of the fellow humans are able to share their happiness and help them in any way they could. A wishful thinking.
3. Who is your favorite superhero and mention the qualities that you admire in that superhero character?
Hmmm.. while growing up I used to watch a lot of He-Man. He was the superhero who in real life was a meek character but when called upon, could wreak havoc on the evil.
I could relate to him totally when I used to get bullied at school and it finally helped in getting over the fear of getting bullied.
4. Have you crossed through the valleys of failures? If so then give a brief account of the experience and the learnings from it?
I guess there won’t be any person on this earth who has not gone through failures in their life. One of the earlier experience I had was preparing for the entrance exam of Master of Computer applications, for which math was the compulsory subject, which I dreaded. I got rejected many times but I didn’t give up, had faith in my capabilities and poured my heart and soul and then cracked the exam and stood 5th at the state level.
5. How would you help someone who falls prey to emotional outburst and feels like a failure to oneself?
Believe me, when I say I have the shortest temperament when dealing with arrogant and fake people in my life. But having an emotional outburst is not advisable as it drains you out and sometimes you regret the actions later.You can put a leash on them by taking a step back when the emotions start building up, when you are in the moment, try to introspect yourself by giving a pause for a moment. That momentarily pause will calm you down and will help you in expressing yourself in more peaceful manner.
6. What genre of book you prefer to read? Name one of your favorites and explain why it is?
My favorite genre is fiction, comedy, satire, spiritual, mindfulness and poetry. I hate reading horror and tragedy.
Alexander McCall Smith is one of my favorite authors. He has written so many series in a different setting and with characters from different parts of the world. The ease with which he transforms his writing style to describe his characters is purely amazing. Go, read one of his books.
7. Name one of your hobbies that you have been passionate about (apart from writing) and why?
Listening music, Singing and teaching dance to kids. Well, as any form of art is a way to creatively express yourself and to throw the innocence of kids in that mix does wonders for me. Kids are the best teachers in our lives. The lessons of resilience, forgiveness, and kindheartedness you can learn from them is a pure wonder.
8. What makes you happy?
Spending time with my family and going for nature walks with them.
9. How do you rate yourself in the emotional meter of 1 – 10? Narrate a story that gives a picture of how emotional you are.
I consider myself to be a fairly emotional person so I guess somewhere between 7-8.
I guess most of the artists are, as I humbly am calling myself these days. For that story, you have to sit in person with me. It ‘s too personal for the internet.Hope my readers will understand.
10. What is the most favorite topic on which you can write blogs any day? Name the favorite blog post of yours.
My favorite topic to blog is Love. Love in any form and stage. A romance, heartbreak, unrequited love, love between a mother and a kid or between an artist and his art etc.
Naming my favorite post will be too difficult to me as I wrote each one of them with a different emotion in my heart and I guess no emotion is superior over another.
Few of my favorites are
OK, I can go on typing….he he
Phew, so I finally managed to answer all the questions asked. Those were some amazing questions and I really enjoyed answering them. Hope you like reading them too!
Now for the next part of the award. I’ll be nominating 5 more bloggers. For those who will be nominated next, the rules are written below.
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, link their blog. Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5-10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
Those are my questions. Enjoy!!
These are my nominees. Would love to know more about you.
If you haven’t read the amazing works by these writers please go and check them out.